CORONA VIRUS – GUIDELINES FOR PROTECTING YOURSELF
ATTENTION! PROTECT YOURSELF!
THE CORONA VIRUS IS HERE! NOT GOING AWAY SOON!
GUIDLINES FOR PROTECTING YOURSELF
(From the US Office of Medicare Management)
Our health, safety, and welfare in the face of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus
(COVID-19) must be the highest priority of each of us, especially the elderly and
those who care for the elderly. According to the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention (CDC), older adults and people who have severe chronic medical
conditions like heart, lung, or kidney disease seem to be at higher risk for more
serious COVID-19 illness.
Precautions to take now
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Clean your hands often.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially
after being out in public, blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. (See lyric
and songs on next page.)
• If soap and water aren’t available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60%
• To the extent possible, avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places, like
elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, and handshaking with people. Use a
tissue or your sleeve to cover your hand or finger if you must touch something.
• Avoid touching your face, nose, and eyes.
• Clean and disinfect your home to remove germs: Practice routine cleaning of
frequently touched surfaces—tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks,
toilets, faucets, sinks and cell phones.
Extra caution with crowds and travel
• Avoid crowds, especially in poorly ventilated spaces. Your risk of exposure to
the Coronavirus may increase in crowded, closed-in settings with little air
Preparing for healthcare needs
• Be sure you have over-the-counter medicines and medical supplies (like tissues)
to treat fever and other symptoms. Most people will be able to recover at home.
• Be sure to have refills of prescription medications on hand as you may need them
due to possible quarantine.
• Have enough household items and groceries on hand so that you’ll be prepared to
stay at home for a period of time.
20 SECOND OF HAND WASHING LYRICS AND PRAYER
Praying or Sing one of these verses as you wash your hands for 20 seconds
Amazing grace, how sweet thee sound That save a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found was blind but now I see
I will call you by name And keep my eyes above the waters
When oceans rise My soul will rest in your embrace
For I am yours and You are mine.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow, Praise Him all creatures below
Praise him above you heavenly hosts, Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
Fairest Lord Jesus
Fairest lord Jesus, Ruler of all nature, O Thou of God and man the Son
Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor, Thou, my soul’s glory and crown.
You Say Yes
You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say that I am strong when I feel weak
You say I’m held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh, You say that I am yours
And I believe.
If you’ve got pain, He’s a pain taker
If you feel lost, He’s waymaker
If you need freedom or saving
He’s a prison shaking Savior
If you’ve got chains,
He’s a chain breaker.
The Lord’s Prayer ( Contemporary Text)
Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be Your Name
Your will be done on earth as in Heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
Do not bring us to the time of trial, but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power and the glory are Yours now and forever. Amen.Follow Fork Chapel on Social Media -->